Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Summer Is Here!!!

That is right...I am officially out of school for 10 whole weeks. Friday was my last day of school. It went smoothly for the most part...a little stressful. For those of you who are teachers, you understand filling out cum folders, collecting books, and closing down your room for 2 1/2 months. It takes a lot of time. As a 6th grade teacher at our school, we do a graduation for our kids. Every one gets dressed up and we do a whole awards/graduation ceremony. It is one of my favorite things all year even though it is very stressful. This year, we asked our new superintendent to come, but we never got a response. Much to our surprise, he showed up just as our kids were lining up to walk in. I was in shock and didn't know what to do. Our principal was calm and told me where to put him in the program. But we pulled it off with few snags here and there. Overall it was a success.

Now I am home, Hudson is testing the waters a little bit to see what he can get away with. Yesterday, I walked into his room and he had climbed up onto his dresser and couldn't get down. I did help him down, but he did get into trouble. We will see what happens as our week progresses. We will keep you updated on how this is going. We are also going to try and start potty training this summer, again, we will see how it goes. If anyone has any tips, I am open to suggestions!!

1 comments:

The Conway's said...

Love the new background! Glad you are done with school and it was great to hear from you yesterday! I can't wait to see you in a few weeks!