Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, March 17, 2008

A Day at the Zoo

We took advantage of the nice weather and spent the day at the zoo. Hudson loved it!! He really liked looking all the animals and was a little frightened of some of the animals. The white tiger turned around pretty quickly behind the barrier and Hudson let out a squeal...it scared him a little bit. Then we stopped by to see the Gorilla. The Gorilla was sitting facing away from us and every few seconds it would cut its eyes over and look at Hudson. It really scared Hudson a lot. He didn't cry, but he put his head on my shoulder and just wanted to get out of there. I think his favorite part were the monkeys. They were chasing each other around.....it was hilarious. The bears were playing too. He really liked the active animals. But his favorite part of the zoo was the Choo-Choo Train!!! We got the all day pass so we could ride it a few times. The first 2 times, he was awake. The last time, my mom & Hudson were going to ride it back to the front of the zoo while Ella and I walked it.....it is too hard to put the double stroller on the train....you have to take everything out and it isn't very fun, so we walked. Anyways, Hudson and my mom had to wait about 10 minutes in line for the train to come back. Hudson fell asleep while waiting on the train and missed the whole last ride. I guess we wore him out. But I know he had a great time. Hudson and Ella just loved being outside on such a beautiful day. Ella was perfect the whole time and she didn't cry at all until it was time to eat. Overall, it was a wonderful day at the zoo
"Look Mom, the elephants!!" It's a Baylor Bear!!
We got to ride the Choo-Choo Train 3 times!!! I think this was Hudson's favorite part of the trip.

Ella and Hudson in the stage coach in the Texas area of the zoo.
Aren't they precious!!

More Baylor Bears
Ella enjoying the nice weather and her toes.
I think we wore her out on her first trip to the zoo.



2 comments:

The Conway's said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun at the zoo! Hudson sure loves his sister!

amandamenghini said...

This is so crazy... you don't know me, but I was searching for my own blog to see where it comes up and I found this. My name is amanda and I have two kids- hudson is two and ella is 9 months! Even stranger is I have the same blog layout as you...I kind of feel like I'm in the twilight zone.