Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Olympics 2008

I have to admit I wasn't extremely excited about the summer games, but after tonight I am so excited!! If you saw the opening ceremonies, then you know what I mean. It was amazing!! The story of the little boy walking with Yoa Ming was amazing. He is a survivor of the huge earthquake a few months back. He was able to crawl of the wreckage and went back in to save 2 of his classmates. When someone asked him why he did it, he responded by saying, it was his job to take care of everyone since he was the line leader for the day. What a story of amazing courage from a 9 year old boy.
I will be keeping up with the medal count......GO USA!!!
PS- thanks dad for sticking it out with me!!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for coming over to watch it all with us. By the way, Ella got up at 1:30 this morning and got in bed with us. Watching her around the house is like watching you, Amanda, when you were this age. Amazing! We had a great time with the kids all night.
Love,
Nana

Anonymous said...

yeah. great time - all nite.

papa/dad

Elizabeth said...

Gabe & I were amazed by that little boys story too. What a awesome kid and answer. GO USA!!!