Saturday, April 12, 2008

Lots to Tell!!

Between sleepless nights, power outages, High School Musical, doctor's appointments, and baby milestones, we have had a lot going on.

Let's start with the milestones: Ella FINALLY rolled over the day before her 6 month birthday. I was so excited. She can roll from her stomach to her back and from her back to her tummy. I was so excited. She is also holding her bottle all on her own now (when she wants to). She is pretty good at it. I am so proud of my baby girl!!

High School Musical: Yes, my friend Eisie and I went to High School Musical on Ice. It was so much fun. My neighbor gave us free tickets to take Hudson, but I think he is a little to small to go, so I took Amanda. We had a girls night out. Her husband did say we would have to duck down so the little kids behind us could see. HAHA Troy. We had a blast....thanks Amanda for going with me.

Now let's get to this week:
Monday night Ella was up most of the night screaming....nothing would calm her down. Paul even put her in the car and drove to Dallas and back, but it didn't work. I think she finally went to sleep out of sheer exhaustion. So, I stayed home from work and took her to the doctor. She had ANOTHER double ear infection- her 4th one in 8 weeks. They referred us to the Ear, Nose, & Throat (ENT) doctor. She also had her first of 3 rounds of shots that day to help her current ear infection. Poor baby girl.
Tuesday night was so much better for Ella, but not so good for Hudson. He was up at 12:30 for no apparent reason and then at 2:00 he was in our room. I just put him in bed with us and he finally went back to sleep around 2:30 or 3:00.
Wednesday night was by far the scariest. Paul and I both shot out of bed about 3am as our power went out. There were major storms passing through. We looked out the back window and since our tree was blowing so hard it was horizontal, we decided to get the kids and get in the bathroom. I grabbed Hudson and set him on the toilet while I went to get Ella. I was walking out of the dark bathroom and I hear Hudson fall off the toilet. I felt so bad. I grabbed him and carried him to go get Ella. We went back to the bathroom and by then Paul had flash lights and candles lit for us. Hudson was having fun playing in the bathroom until the storm passed. We called my parents about 3:30 and asked them to check the weather. Sorry mom and dad, but thanks for checking it out for us. How crazy!! We stayed at my parents house on Thursday night (thanks again mom and dad) because we didn't get our power back until Friday morning sometime.
Friday, we took Ella to the ENT doctor. With her past 4 ear infections in 8 weeks and her mommy having to get tubes twice when she was little, she had a lot of things working against her. So, the doctor decided to put tubes in. Ella's surgery will be April 24th- please be praying for us until then- no more ear infections and strength for our family- it is scary that our little girl is getting cut on. I know it is routine, but it is still a little scary. We will keep you posted on what happens with all of it!!
Saturday night, we FINALLY got to sleep....maybe that was because Paul and I were on a couples retreat with our church and the kids were with my parents. It was a great time to fellowship with friends and reconnect as a couple. Our pastor, John Meador, and his wife, Kim, lead the sessions. They are a real inspiration to us and all of the young couples at our church. It was an amazing retreat.
Well, that was our crazy week. We will keep you posted on all our fun adventures that don't ever end!!!


The Conway's said...

WOW! What a week! I know you just felt sorry for us the week before going into the bathroom with a tornado and no power, that you wanted to see what it was like!!:)
I pray for no ear infections and sleepfull(is that a word?)nights for miss Ella! Miss you guys and hope you had a great weekend!