Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Snow Day ~ February 2011

Last night as I went to bed, I heard the winter winds whipping up outside. Old Man Winter blew in a doozie of a storm. Northwest ISD stated it was closing Tuesday on the evening news, so even if Arlington was open, I knew it would be a snow day at our house!! Luck for me, I didn't have to use a sick day- Arlington called it as did most North Texas schools. Now, since we live in Texas and hardly ever see ice and snow- everything shuts down!! But it is a great day to stay at home to get things done that I can't do on a regular day!! But, we also have to take advantage of this rare phenomenon we call snow!!! So, I bundled up the kids (each with a shirt, sweatshirt, 2 pairs of pants, 1 hat, but 2 hoods, and gloves) and we headed outside in the -2 windchilled weather!! Hudson lasted all of about 3 minutes- his legs were stinging (I think he got some ice down his pants when he went down the slide), but Ella held out for about 10 minutes.
Bundled up and ready to go.
I would say a couple of inches of snow....so pretty.

The playset was a little icy.


Hudson trying to start a snowball fight- the snow was just so powdery, it was hard to pack it into a snowball.

Attempting to slide (we only did 1)

Ella LOVED it!!

She was just throwing the snow in the air for a good 3 minutes!! Too cute!!

Out front, the wind was killer, so we didn't last long.

Our snowy street
Our snowy house!!

HAPPY SNOW DAY!!


0 comments: